If you are selected to attend the conference you will be required to pay a $200 registration fee which will be processed via credit card during the registration process. Your investment of the $200 registration fee is non-refundable. If you enter a full-time, AACSB accredited business doctoral program within three years of attending the conference, this fee will be reimbursed.
All travel and conference expenses — valued at $1,500 per invited attendee for hotel, meals, materials and transportation to Chicago (domestic air travel only)– will be paid by The PhD Project. This includes a hotel room to be shared with another participant for the two nights during the conference. Participants requesting a single room will be responsible for full payment of the hotel accommodations. Any hotel accommodations beyond the two nights this will be the responsibility of the participant.
If it has been 5 years or more since you last attended a PhD Project Conference, and would like to attend again, you may submit an application to be reviewed. However, if you are selected to attend, we would only cover your meals. You will be required to pay the registration and hotel/travel costs on your own.
To be eligible to apply to the annual conference, you must be:
- African-American, Hispanic-American or Native American
- A U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- In your senior year of college by the time you attend the conference or already possess a minimum of an undergraduate degree
At the bottom of this application, you have the option to Submit or Save your application. When you choose Submit, your application is submitted for review and you will not be able to make any edits or changes. If you choose to Save your application you will be prompted to enter your email and create a password so you can come back to finish or edit it a later time.
- To begin a new application, click the Start New Application button.
- To edit a saved application, click the Access a Saved Application button, and when prompted, enter your email and password and click Open Application.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot Your Password?” and follow the prompts (please provide name as it appears on the application). If you are still experiencing problems accessing your application please send an email to Valerie Carlsen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Cannot access Saved PhD Project Conference Application. Include your full name and email address in the body of the email and cc: Cristina Pazos, email@example.com on your message.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2016 conference. The application deadline is September 30, 2016 at 12:00 midnight EST.
Start a New ApplicationAccess a Saved ApplicationForgot Your Password?
For technical support, please e-mail webmaster.